A website is a collection of webpages that are linked and related and can be accessed by a user with a web browser.
A webpage is a single file stored on a web server that contains formatted text, graphics and hypertext links to other pages on the Internet or within a website.
What to look for:
- Are there any references to sources used?
- On what is the author basing their information?
- What is the purpose of the document and why was it produced?
- Does it contain any bias or an intention to sway opinion?
- Is the information in the resource accurate?
- Does the site contain advertising?
Is the site sponsored?
If so, by whom?
Check the URL (e.g. http://www.fbi.gov) or domain e.g. .edu, .com, .ac.uk, .org, .net.
- When was it produced/last updated?
- Are there any dead links on the page?
- Are the scope and limits clearly stated?
Is the title informative?
Does the content fit the scope?
- What does this page/site offer that is not found elsewhere?
- What topics are covered and how in-depth is the material?
- Who is the audience?